Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's All Too Much #3

It’s All Too Much #3
Hello once again and welcome back.
Recently I received an email from a very dear friend, forwarding and telling me of a ‘massive project’ for the enlightening and empowering of its participants worldwide.
The report/invitation from the originator, a young lady from the Commonwealth, depicts a cooperative effort to raise energy on a specified date a few weeks from now.
Well-meaning and enthusiastic in its tone, the message lacked any stated purpose. In what I am seeing as a typical (more or less) New Age-y way, this project seemed to me to be little more than a wheel-spinner. Revving your engine in neutral does not get you anywhere at all. Put the engine in gear, take off the brakes and steer toward your desired destination.
Goal and intention are the reasons for ‘doing’ anything.

Asked if this resonated with me and giving me details on how to participate at the stated date and time and giving massive amounts of information and requirements about facilitators sought for the project, I responded that:

Yes, actually it does resonate with me, but I do have some concerns.
It seems as though there is no clear intention. That is a key to this sort of work.
Raising energy willy-nilly, without a clear goal and intention for it is a poor idea.

(I certainly need a personal lift. And yet there is this devilish disregard within that keeps me back, spinning my wheels.)

I think the preparatory work would best include banishing that which feeds on our energy and intention. The demonic acedia that even brings best intentions to no avail and turns the strongest practitioner into a depressed lost soul (perhaps even off on some inconsequential tangent) is to be withstood and defeated. And then the raising of power and the empowerment of the individual(s) may occur.

Once adequate clearing is completed, (with clear intention) only then can the clear intention of performance be successfully addressed.

Blocking is not sufficient. What is being blocked? Energy is neutral. Intention is what steers energy toward the desired, or, through resistance, toward the undesired.

It must be remembered that you cannot fill a vessel that is already full, and if you keep pouring clear water into mud you get thinner, more diluted and widespread mud.
So let us not only cap the well of bad thoughts, but empty ourselves of them to be ready to receive divine wisdom and the infinite outpouring of energy to heal ourselves and our blessed Planet.
I asked for forgiveness in case I had somehow misread or misunderstood the message. Did I miss the actual point somehow? I am still unsure, because although I reread the message, I still find no point to it other than the desire to ‘raise power.’


Having completed a master program in esoteric studies, and looking back upon that course work, I see the same syndrome. Power. Desire for power. The teacher/guru/instructor/facilitator shared many tools and methods to raise consciousness and to unite the attendees in a circle to empower the group. Yet I do not recall a purpose. This was not a solution-oriented program either.
In fact, I wonder if the energy raised and not sent with purpose, simply fed whatever random event that may have been happening at the time.

On the other hand, the work and teachings, both first hand and via recordings and books of Sandra Ingerman go for solutions. Healing is involved for the Planet. For water, for the environment.

Fundamentally, this is the difference between the New Age movement and Shamanism. Shamanism heals. Pennsylvania PowWow Heals. Working after the manner and teachings of Doreen Virtue, with the ArchAngels and Ascended Masters heals. And New Age makes fluffy-feel-goods.*

I like the accoutrements of the New Age. Good tools. Good crystals, books, cards, etc. But a tool unused for a positive purpose, is nothing more than clutter.
New Age is a starting point. If it is the end point for an individual, perhaps that is what is best for them. Perhaps it indicates huge strides forward in thought, word and deed. If so, terrific! I do not want it to be simply a mental-homeopathic-fluffy-feel-good or an anesthetic. I hope it is not just entertainment.
As we each heal ourselves within and without, we add to the healing of the planet. Think of us as cells in the body of the Planetary Mother. Healthy people, healthy societies, healthy animals, plants, trees, ecosystems. This must be our goal.

This is out intention here in this blog. Although each of my entries states a deficiency or problem within society, I want it always to be solution-oriented. If I do not deal with solutions, PLEASE, call me to task.
The screaming radio talk show hosts are great at agitating and stirring up wrath. I have yet to hear one who is solution-oriented. As this blog grows, I want you all to comment and participate and discuss solutions, and work toward making them manifest. Let’s fix this mess. Okay?

Divine Blessings,
Victoria

*I do not wish to completely denigrate the New Age Movement. It has many fine and useful aspects that perhaps we will touch on at some point. Primarily because many alternative healing modalities have been lumped into the New Age category since they don’t easily fit in with anything else.

2 comments:

  1. positive (action or thought) over rides negative. the intention or purpose of this exercise in raising power, may be for individuals to begin where they- discover "what comes up" in meditation or patterns of thought- and to then reach for the next best feeling, or more positive thought. Then, the energy is elevated authentically. For individuals to share the exact same goal or intention in a process like this, seems that it would not be as effective, for each individual has a different starting point based on his or her experience. To "banish" negative is to focus on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting commentary.
    There is, however, nothing wrong, in a community activity (even if it is virtual) for a common goal to be a focus.
    Dr. Emoto has used this method often in cleansing and revitalizing bodies of water. It is a common practice in shamanic seminars and classes and in many other spiritual endeavors, including some drum circles I have been involved in. I understand what you are saying. I have participated in workshops where each person has their own agenda. I would hope that at some point, like-minded individuals could agree to come together for healing and solution oriented purposes. We see so much wheel spinning that gets us all no where. Solutions are within reach.
    It begins with each of us and spreads as we practice what we learn. It is fully possible that each person can hold a personal focus and also at the same time, share a greater focus with the group. There is no limitation to healing possibilities.
    Thank you for reading. Please visit often.

    ReplyDelete

Coming Developments

As we develop this blog site, it should become easier to respond and comment. There is a lot to doing this and even more, for someone who is not technically oriented.
Soon, we hope to be adding a few appropriate and interesting ads that will hopefully interest this readership and thus support the continuation of this blog.
Clicking on an ad does not commit anyone to anything, it simply provides one with more in-depth information and opportunity to shop, to dream, to research and to wander about in virtual space.
It is our hope that the ads will be related to nature, natural living, natural health and wellness, animal welfare, small business, publishing, music, education, magick, movies, books, and other assorted gentle pursuits.
I am learning as I go along here, and have found that whatever ads eventually appear here, I will not be allowed to click on myself due to some perceived conflict of interest, so I will not necessarily be able to judge the appropriateness of any particular ad. I will rely on you, my readers, to keep me informed.
Be well.
V.