Monday, March 5, 2012

THE SAUCEPAN SAGA

Saturday, November 6, 2010
The Saucepan Saga
The Tale of the Saucepan

So, I have some lovely new friends, who recently took me to a party at Outback Steakhouse in Hermitage, Tennessee. One of them had a birthday that evening and we had a most enjoyable time. I may have gotten a bit rowdy, not having been out much since moving here from Florida. And yet, I’m done with blushing about my behavior. We were not asked to leave so how bad could it have been? I think I just spent a bit too much time ‘soap-boxing.’
So, where the steakhouse is located, I noticed a Panera Bread café. A few days later, jonesing for bagels, I wended my way back over the dam and found the location (with some guidance over the phone from one of the guys) and bought a several-weeks supply of sesame bagels. Yum. Bagels are few and far between here in Tennessee. Apparently the locals prefer cornbread and grits. To each his own.
So, I got my bagels and, learned that a Publix was nearby. Realizing it would save me a few miles in the other direction,, I chose to stop in there.
So, I got to Publix, and noticed a Ross at the other end of the large plaza. Justifying a side trip by claiming to myself that Munchie could use another food dish, I went in and found nothing suitable for him, but was enchanted by a small blue enamel saucepan that I really did not need. But hey! It was only four bucks! (See side bar picture. It sells on the internet for 6.95 plus shipping.)
So as I checked out, there came an announcement…”will the owner of a dark blue Tahoe with the license plates … come to the customer courtesy counter?” I was already there! Paying for my illicit saucepan. (It really is cute.) So, info was exchanged and I left to survey the damage.
Bottom line, the witnesses got the tag number, the cops caught the perp (pushing 90 years old and performs this none-too clever hit and run) She confesses, and now I’m driving a roller skate while Midnight is having the driver's side replaced courtesy of her insurance company.
The two lessons I learned from this little incident: 1. Do not park anywhere near a handicapped spot because you have no way of knowing what type of handicap a driver might have who pulls in or out next to you. 2. Do not shop where you do not need to in order to buy something you clearly do not need. Although I have used said saucepan a couple of times (mainly to justify its existence here) I do already possess an ample supply of saucepans. I had ENOUGH and now I have TOO MANY, which is how this article is in keeping with the overall point of this blog. Note to self: Learn to leave well ENOUGH alone!
Be well
V.
Disclaimer: I do not mean to imply that all handicapped drivers are irresponsible, only that like anyone else, some may not be on top of their game and therefore we each need to be alert and cognizant of our surroundings when we drive and when we park. I feel sort of sorry for the old lady. She committed a crime and may lose her driving privileges. Does anyone care to comment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Developments

As we develop this blog site, it should become easier to respond and comment. There is a lot to doing this and even more, for someone who is not technically oriented.
Soon, we hope to be adding a few appropriate and interesting ads that will hopefully interest this readership and thus support the continuation of this blog.
Clicking on an ad does not commit anyone to anything, it simply provides one with more in-depth information and opportunity to shop, to dream, to research and to wander about in virtual space.
It is our hope that the ads will be related to nature, natural living, natural health and wellness, animal welfare, small business, publishing, music, education, magick, movies, books, and other assorted gentle pursuits.
I am learning as I go along here, and have found that whatever ads eventually appear here, I will not be allowed to click on myself due to some perceived conflict of interest, so I will not necessarily be able to judge the appropriateness of any particular ad. I will rely on you, my readers, to keep me informed.
Be well.
V.