Monday, March 5, 2012

FROM TOO MUCH TO ENOUGH: AN ON-GOING TALE OF A YARD SALE

From Too Much to Enough: An On-Going Tale
Had another episode of the ongoing Yard Sale today.
All this stuff has become such a burden in the following ways:
Too much mass
Too much space filled and required
Too much weight
Too much quantity
Too much attention required
Too many diversions
Too many insecurities revealed

And now, the blessing is the release of those many things which no longer, or never have served my higher purpose, or any necessary purpose whatsoever.
Beautiful gifts, charming and poignant antique treasures, cute little schotchkes (sp), outgrown, never used, emblems of unfulfilled dreams, collections of fear-based stockpiles, hauled to Tennessee from Florida, never used and filling space , creating dams and blockages…
It is with discomfort and some angst I am letting go of these many things, for so much less than their fair market value. Some very nice people are getting some very, very good deals on some very nice things.
After years of putting on yard sales in South Florida, dealing with certain immigrants walking off with armloads of clothes for a buck, just to get rid of them, not to mention yard sale shop lifters (can you believe it!?!?!) I was really annoyed by someone today who tried to pull some of the same tricks. A box of craft items was listed at a dollar. What does she do? She crams double handfuls of additional items into the box, demanding it all for fifty cents, then stacking up nine pair of jeans, pants and a skirt priced ridiculously low at a buck a piece, and a beautiful new semi-formal dress priced at 7.50 in a big pile and demanded the whole thing for five dollars. I was adamant. She got snotty and I chased her off. I will not be taken advantage of any longer. Enough is enough.
Putting these things back into the flow has the advantage of unblocking blocked energy and assuring that all that which is needed will have the opportunity to arrive.
But I have the responsibility to respect these things and assure that they are placed into the flow in a respectful manner and not dumped carelessly and without fair recompense.
Allowing oneself to be cheated is far different from donating things to a charity which is also a valid way of placing things back in the flow.
In other words, I have recognized my responsibility for the things I have acquired to receive fair exchange, and thus avoid denigrating their intrinsic value.
This is a form of transformation. I am transforming myself from a messy borderline hoarder to a person with a handle on simplicity, and with only those things that are useful and bring me a sense of joyfulness.
This is quite a difficult dragon to slay: one with much tenacity. But I truly understand that once you have identified a demon, it is more easily slain.
More to sell in a week or so, because enough is enough and too much is too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Developments

As we develop this blog site, it should become easier to respond and comment. There is a lot to doing this and even more, for someone who is not technically oriented.
Soon, we hope to be adding a few appropriate and interesting ads that will hopefully interest this readership and thus support the continuation of this blog.
Clicking on an ad does not commit anyone to anything, it simply provides one with more in-depth information and opportunity to shop, to dream, to research and to wander about in virtual space.
It is our hope that the ads will be related to nature, natural living, natural health and wellness, animal welfare, small business, publishing, music, education, magick, movies, books, and other assorted gentle pursuits.
I am learning as I go along here, and have found that whatever ads eventually appear here, I will not be allowed to click on myself due to some perceived conflict of interest, so I will not necessarily be able to judge the appropriateness of any particular ad. I will rely on you, my readers, to keep me informed.
Be well.
V.